THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
By now, most Americans have heard of “ObamaCare” otherwise known as the Affordable Care Act. However, many don’t know who to turn to for a simple explanation of what the Affordable Care Act is all about or where to go for help. One Health Ohio has several certified application counselors on staff in the Youngstown, Warren and Alliance, Ohio areas. These counselors are ready to assist anyone free of charge in understanding the new law and what it means for them and their families. The counselors will sit down with anyone who wants help in making healthcare plan choices on the government’s healthcare.gov website.
MEDICAID EXPANSION IN OHIO
Medicaid Expansion took effect for the state of Ohio on January 1, 2014, which means many more people are now eligible for Medicaid who were not eligible before. The certified application counselors at One Health are also available to assist with determining if someone is now eligible for Medicare under the new guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MEDICAID
- Go to www.benefits.ohio.gov or call 1-800-324-8680 (select option #2 to submit application).
- Click on “Check Your Eligibility”.
- Answer the questions.
- Click on “Apply”.
- In the upper right corner click on “Sign-Up”.
- Complete the form by setting up a username and password (an e-mail address is not required to complete application).
- It will tell you that your account was successfully created.
- Complete the application.
- You will receive a confirmation number which includes the address your application was sent to. (Please keep this for your records as you may need this later).
**You will be contacted within 4-6 weeks by a case worker for additional information and the answer on if you are eligible**
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
If you are interested in finding out more, please call the One Health Ohio location nearest you and ask to make a free appointment with a certified counselor. We are here to help you!